Last week was so busy, I forgot to post my progress on my blog! Whoops! Well, the desk has since been completed! So, without further ado, here is the second part of the Writing Desk Makeover.
The finished green pieces (that includes the pieces shown above, and also part of the main desk, which is pictured further down)! I decided to leave those at one coat. I like the look of the brush strokes. I sealed the paint with some spray-on polycrylic.
After the priming was done! Then it was paint-paint-paint! (And reassemble at the end, of course)
The back piece of the desk was painted green, and I started to paint the white parts! For the white parts, I used a latex enamel, rather than a regular paint, since enamel is much more durable. That way, the main surface that I’m working on won’t get scuffed up as easily. However, enamel is THICK. Like, really annoyingly thick. I took the above photo at a flattering angle that was obscured by some glare, but in person the brush strokes are VERY obvious. They aren’t cute and distressed-looking like on the green parts.
Much to my relief, we had a tiny paint roller lying around. That made the enamel application MUCH easier! I didn’t get the distressed look on the white parts as a result, but that’s a sacrifice I was willing to make in the name of saving myself time and frustration!
Once I finished the base of the desk, I moved it into its new home in the basement.
And now…the finished product! With flash:
Quite the transformation!
And here it is, all set-up!
Now about that “writing” thing…